The CMA Youth Choirs are open to all school-age vocalists interested in developing their vocal skills and participating in the team music-making efforts of a choir. Young singers can expect to grow in the areas of healthy vocal production, music reading, confidence in performance, and an appreciation of excellent and diverse choral literature. The choirs, under the direction of Mrs. Shareen Vader, are open to singers grades 4-12, accepted on the basis of individual auditions. Students in grades 1-3 should first join the Lindenbaum Outreach Program Beginning Choir - more information here.
- $10 Choir Music and Uniform Fee per student, per semester.
- Tuition is $50 per student, per semester.
- Full-tuition scholarships are provided from the Lindenbaum Fund to students with financial need. Families qualify for the need-based scholarship if they are eligible for any Federal or State assistance programs such as the Free and Reduced-price School Lunch Program, SNAP/WIC, CHIP/Medicaid, etc. As an example, click here to view the income guidelines for the School Lunch Program. Qualifying families may select the scholarship during registration.
Intermediate Choir is for students who require an intermediate approach to part singing, vocal production, music reading, and ear training. The Intermediate Choir will have opportunities to rehearse and perform with the advanced choir during the semester. Intermediate Choir members can audition for a position in the advanced choir after the completion of one year.
Meetings: Thursdays from 5:15 - 6:30 p.m. at the TLU Chapel
Advanced Choir is for students who have established vocal and ensemble skills and who are comfortable with and continuing to grow in music reading and ear training skills. Young men with lower voices are welcome to participate, usually just for a portion of each weekly rehearsal. The Advanced Choir will prepare several pieces each semester for performance as a Treble Choir (ladies' and higher young men's voices only) as well as several pieces for performance as a Mixed Choir (including deeper young men's voices).
Meetings: Thursdays from 6:15 - 7:45 p.m. at the TLU Chapel
- Students wishing to join for the first time or advance to the Intermediate or Advanced/Mixed Choirs from a lower choir must attend a brief audition.
- NEW specific requirements for Youth Choir auditions are here.
- Mrs. Vader requests students prepare the first verse of "My Country 'Tis of Thee" for the audition. Click here for sheet music.
- Click here to download an audio file to aid with preparation.
- Upcoming audition dates: August 29, 2019 from 4:30-5:30 PM at TLU Schuech Fine Arts Building.
- Please contact CMA Assistant Lynda Taylor to reserve an audition time: email@example.com or call 830-372-6448
- Community Education
- Summer Programs
- Alternative Teacher Certification Program
- Community Music Academy