Click Here to Read Our Latest Updates Regarding COVID-19

Registrar FAQ

Q. Who can verify that I am a student?
A. Enrollment Verification Forms are used to verify student status for insurance companies, military IDs, etc.

The form includes the student's full name, date of birth, last term attended, academic standing, full-time or part-time enrollment, the beginning and ending date of the semester, the registrar's signature and the university seal. If you are needing specific academic and/or course information, you should submit a transcript request instead.

To order an Enrollment Verification Form and have it mailed or faxed to an appropriate person, complete the Verification of Enrollment Request or you may come to the Registrar's Office in Beck Center to fill out the appropriate form. 

Q. How can I obtain a transcript?
A. The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act as Amended (FERPA) protects your educational records. In compliance with this law, Texas Lutheran University requires a signed, written request to release your transcript to you or to a third party. Emailed requests must include an electronic signature.

The procedures for obtaining a transcript can be found on the Transcript Request page, by completing the printable form located there, or by follow following the instructions for mailing or faxing a request. Remember that a student's signature is required to release a transcript. You may also come to the Registrar's Office in the Beck Center to complete the appropriate form and pay for the transcript(s).

Q. How can I make corrections to my name or address?
A. To change your address or telephone number, complete an Address Change Form. Return the form to the Registrar's Office in Beck Center. You may also come to the Registrar's Office in Beck Center to complete the appropriate form. To change your name, you must bring original official court documents such as a certified marriage license or divorce decree to the Registrar's Office.

Q. How do I change my advisor or my major?
A. To change your advisor or your major, complete the appropriate form in the office of the Dean of Student Life and Learning, located in the Alumni Student Center. It is the student's responsibility to pick up their advising file from the old advisor and take it to the new advisor.

Note: Freshmen may not change advisors until the end of their first semester.

Q. Who answers questions about graduation?
A. Prospective graduates should call the Registrar's Office at 830-372-8040 or visit the Registrar's Office in Suite 101 of Beck Center in the semester prior to their graduation in order to start the graduation process. For example, a May graduate should contact the Registrar’s Office before the beginning of the Fall term in August.

Q. Where can I find course descriptions?
A. Course descriptions are available in the TLU Catalog in the Programs of Study section.

Q. Where can I obtain forms?
A. Most enrollment and registration related forms are available at MyTLU in printable format. Forms are also available in the Registrar's Office, Suite 101, Beck Center.

Q. Where can I find Degree Plans?
A. Sample Degree Plans for each major are available on the portal at MyTLU.

Q. How can I transfer credits to TLU?
A. You should arrange to have official transcripts from prior institutions forwarded to the Registrar's Office. For an unofficial determination of how your credit might transfer to TLU from a Texas Community College, visit the Transfer Credits page.

Q. What is FERPA?
A. The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act is a federal mandate that insures the privacy of, and your right to inspect, your student records. Additional Information is available on the Privacy of Records page.

Q. What if I have to withdraw from the university?
A. If you need to withdraw from all your classes, you must fill out the Withdrawal from University Form available in the Registrar's Office, Suite 101, Beck Center, and return it to that office. Refunds are based on the day the form is completed and turned in to the Registrar's Office.

Contact Us

Phone: 830-372-8040
Fax: 830-372-8179

Hours & Location
Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
O.G. Beck College Center, 1 st floor

Mailing Address
Texas Lutheran University
Office of the Registrar
1000 W. Court St.
Seguin, TX 78155


Quick Links