TLU Faculty-Led Programs
A variety of periodic study abroad programs are offered through TLU. These are typically ten day to two-week programs led by a professor with travel in May or June, while courses are taken during the spring semester. Past programs have included: Kinesiology and Education to Italy, Biology and Social Entrepreneurship to Costa Rica, and Geography and French to Canada.
Tuition and program fees are applied to the spring TLU invoice and financial aid can be applied towards the program. Fees, which usually range from $3,000 to $4,500 typically include airfare, lodging, ground transport, and group admissions on planned programs. Some or all of the meals are generally covered, depending on the program. Students must pre-register for the respective class and affiliated lab travel portion and must have a minimum GPA of 2.25 and a good campus discipline record to participate. Application and a $300 non-refundable deposit are due at the time of pre-registration, usually in mid-November. Locations and course subjects vary year to year.
Detailed information about upcoming faculty-led programs, including program applications, deadlines, and additional requirements, is available on MyTLU.
Spring 2020 Faculty-Led Programs - TBA
Student Eligibility Requirements
- Minimum TLU Cumulative GPA of 2.25
- Good campus discipline record
- Quality application essay and positive faculty member recommendation
Applications, Deadlines, & Information
- Applications are available on my.TLU.edu or at Charla Bailey's office in Tschoepe Hall 107
- Deadlines for applications are the last last day of spring registration in November.
- A $300 non-refundable deposit is due at the time of application/pre-registration, payable to the TLU Business Office by cash, check, or credit card. The deposit is applied to the total program fee.
- The program fee will be added to the Spring 2018 TLU semester billing
- Fees typically include airfare, lodging, group ground transportation, group admission on planned activities, some meals, and medical insurance
- All students participating in the programs abroad must be registered for the course and corresponding “lab” section
Additional program costs that are the responsibility of the student:
- Meals and drinks other than those listed in the itineraries
- Personal expenses and souvenirs
- Luggage fees
- Optional activities not included in program
- About Study Abroad
- Study Abroad Programs
- Preparing for Study Abroad
- Returning from Abroad
September 23, 2016
Part of the college experience is the opportunity to study abroad. For some students, the idea of leaving home to go half way across the world is terrifying, but not for TLU exchange student Masaki Higashi.Read More