- Meet President Cottrell
- Administrative Services
- Consumer Information
- Nondiscrimination Statement & Title IX Coordinators
- Title IX Policy Definitions
- Title IX Prohibited Conduct
- Reporting Sexual Misconduct or Filing a Complaint
- Hearings & Appeals
- Sanctions & Protective Measures
- Informal Resolution, FERPA Rights, Non-retaliation, Dissemination of Policy
- Healthcare, Victims’ Advocacy, Support and Related Services and Providers
Doctor of Musical Arts, Choral Conducting, The University of Texas at Austin..
Master of Music, Choral Conducting, The University of Texas at San Antonio.
Bachelor of Arts, Administrative Management, Texas Lutheran University, Seguin, Texas, summa cum laude
Bachelor of Arts, Theatre/Communication Arts,Texas Lutheran University, Seguin,Texas, summa cum laude
Associate of Arts, Bethany Lutheran College, Mankato, Minnesota.
- A 2014 Piper Professor Honoree by The Minnie Stevens Piper Foundation
- Named Outstanding Alumnus – UTSA – Department of Music – 2012
- Mary Gibbs Jones Chair in Choral Music
- Boyer, Douglas R. “In the Zone: Liberal Arts Education at its Best.” The TLU Reader, Seguin, Texas Lutheran University, 2011.
- Boyer, Douglas R.Sources of Mystery: An Introduction to Steven Sametz’s Three Mystical Choruses.”Choral Journal.February 2011, Vol. 51, no. 7.
- Boyer, Douglas R.Cold December Flies Away (En el Frío Invernal).Edited by Kathie Lowrie. Choristers Guild, 2011.
Commissions and Premieres
The TLU School of Music is dedicated to fostering the music of our time and nurturing the development of compelling new works by living composers. Over the past decade, the TLU Choirs have commissioned and premiered works by such composers as Steven Sametz, Paul Ayres, Eric Whitacre, Donald Grantham, Rihards Dubra, David Dickau, Dan Forrest, Howard Helvey, among others.
Commissions and premieres in the last five years have included:
Angels We Have Heard on High. arr. Howard Helvey. Commissioned by the TLU Choirs for Christmas Vespers 2011
From Dreams – Poems by James Joyce. William Averitt, composer. Commissioned for the TLU Women’s Choir & TLU/MTS Community Music Academy Youth Choir
- Gentle Lady, Do Not Sing Sad Songs
- Sleep Now, O Sleep Now
- O Cool Is the Valley Now
The Deepness of the Blue – Poems by Langston Hughes. William Averitt, composer. Commissioned for the TLU Choir
- New Moon
- My Loves
- Poem [To F.S.]
- Danse Africaine
Someday is Today – A Plea for Unity. André J. Thomas, composer. World Premiere Performances, on a text by Niel Lorenz. Commissioned by a consortium of choirs through Chorus America
Joy to the World. arr. Thomas Pavlechko. Commissioned by the TLU School of Music for Christmas Vespers 2012, honoring the memory of Dr. Sigurd Christiansen
The Sussex Carol. arr. William Averitt. Commissioned by the TLU Choirs for Christmas Vespers 2012
Two Hymn Settings on Folk Tunes of the British Isles. William Averitt. Commissioned by the TLU Choir
- Slane (Ireland) – in memory of Jean Marie Boyer
- Ash Grove (Wales) – in memory of Reverend Ralph H. Boyer
Hallelujah. Leonard Cohen/ arr. Deke Sharon. Commissioned by the TLU Choir
Come, Thou Long-Expected Jesus. arr. Thomas Pavlechko. Commissioned by the TLU School of Music for Christmas Vespers 2013. Dedicated, with gratitude, to Barbara Haight Ringen
Angels From the Realms of Glory. arr. Dan Forrest. Commissioned by the TLU School of Music for Christmas Vespers 2013. Honoring the memory of Robin Svoboda Giese
A Pavane for the Nursery (Now Touch the Air Softly). Steven Sametz. Commissioned by the TLU School of Music for the TLU Women’s Choir
Rise My Soul. Susan LaBarr. Commissioned by the TLU School of Music for the TLU Women’s Choir