- Featured on Homepage
- About Development
- Donor Recognition
- TLU Day Of Giving
- The Texas Lutheran Fund
- Ignite. Inspire. Impact. Campaign
- Weston Center for the Performing Arts
- Endowed Scholarship Funds
- Bulldog Athletic Fund
- Matching Gifts
- Gift Of Securities
- Planned Gifts
- Giving Online
- Gifts Of Cash, Checks, Credit Cards
- How to Give to TLU
- Business Partner Program
- Planned Giving
- Senior Class Gift
- Parent Giving
Endowed Scholarship Funds
Endowment gifts support scholarships, professorships and other needs that enhance the TLU experience. They help the university stay competitive in attracting top quality students and maintaining a level of enrollment that maximizes the use of faculty and facilities. The scholarships are often the difference as to whether or not a student is able to attend the university and can be named to preserve the memory of loved ones while helping deserving students.
Endowed scholarships are very important to the students of Texas Lutheran University. The scholarships are often the difference as to whether or not a student is able to attend the university.
The scholarships are also important to TLU. They help the university stay competitive in attracting top quality students and maintaining a level of enrollment that maximizes use of faculty and facilities.
Endowed scholarships are also important to many of our donors. These scholarships can be named to preserve the memory of loved ones while helping others. The scholarships can also be established for specific purposes if the donor desires.
What Endowment Means
- The endowment is the university's invested capital. Endowed funds are protected by contractual agreement between donors and the university.
- The institution's endowment not only provides long-term financial security, it is a benchmark for success among peer institutions.
- TLU currently maintains a number of endowed funds established by alumni and friends of the university.
- Scholarship endowment is the TOP priority for TLU's next decade of growth. Currently, this endowment fund is nearing the $10 million mark but needs to be much more. Endowed scholarships help attract strong students, reduce the university's unfunded financial aid, and provide donors with opportunities to support worthy students.
- Endowed chairs and professorships enhance salary and faculty development opportunities, thereby helping to attract and retain outstanding faculty. Currently TLU has 10 endowed chairs and professorships. Additional endowed positions are sought for the sciences, business and professional studies, and arts and humanities.
- Program and department endowments provide on-going support for specific academic and campus programs and departments.
- Donors of endowed funds receive reports on their funds annually and are encouraged to meet those who benefit from them.
Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Texas Lutheran University
1000 W. Court Street
Seguin, Texas 78155