TLU COVID-19 Update: June 5, 2020
June 5, 2020
The COVID-19 Planning and Response Committee is meeting daily but has transitioned to twice-weekly communications to campus on Mondays and Thursdays unless circumstances warrant additional communication.
- Summer B classes for July will include eight face-to-face classes and two labs. The classrooms will be assigned so the number of students in each room allows for social distancing of at least six feet, and further protocols will be provided to faculty and students before the courses begin.
- The Academics and Health Services Work Teams are currently developing classroom protocols for fall that include social distancing and mask wearing. These protocols will be communicated to the campus prior to the beginning of fall classes and will be included in the common syllabus.
- Nursing clinicals for the Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing (ABSN) students are expected to resume in July. The ABSN team is working with our clinical partners to ensure our students are safe in these teaching and learning environments.
- All five COVID-19 Work Teams met this week and are reporting their action items to the COVID-19 Planning and Response Committee on a weekly basis. The committee will be sharing the work teams’ progress and action items in our twice-weekly campus updates as well as the livestream events planned for June, July, and August.
- Plans for TLU’s fall athletic events are still being finalized. Athletic Directors and Presidents across our conferences are meeting to determine how things will proceed. Within the Southern Collegiate Athletic Conference (our conference for all sports except football), Professor of Biology Bob Jonas served on the COVID-19 task force that has provided recommendations to assist athletic directors and presidents in their work. As the faculty liaison with athletics, Dr. Jonas will continue to work with athletics to prepare for fall.
Filter By Topic
- All News
- TLU Stories
- Events News
- Torch Online