TLU Hosts Forum on “High Impact Education”
January 26, 2011
The Texas Lutheran University (TLU) Honors Program and the TLU chapter of Alpha Chi Honor Society will host their annual academic forum on February 1, 2011 at 7:30 p.m. in the Dunne Conference Center in Tschoepe Hall. The topic of the forum is “High Impact Education.”
“High Impact Education is a broadly cited but rarely defined phrase encompassing applied classroom experiences, service learning projects, hands-on research, and other educational experiences that surpass traditional classroom instruction,” said Curtis Lee, TLU student and Honors Program executive committee member.
The forum will include a panel discussion featuring members of the TLU faculty and administration who will provide clarity to the term “High Impact Education” and will share their personal and professional experiences both in studying and implementing high impact educational practices. In addition, a panel of five TLU students will share their own insights as participants in high impact learning. Dr. Deborah Hettinger, Bohls Professor of Biology and Director of the TLU Honors Program, will serve as moderator of the event and Dr. Norman Beck, Poehlmann Professor of Theology and Classical Languages and Alpha Chi faculty sponsor, serves as chairperson of the forum planning committee.
Faculty and administration panelists include:
- Barbara Gettig, Special Assistant to the Provost
- Dr. Rebecca Kosary, Assistant Professor of History
- Dr. Carolyn Schneider, Associate Professor of Theology, Philosophy, Classical Languages
- Rodrick Shao, Instructor
- Dr. Edward Thompson III, Executive Vice President and Provost
Student panelists include:
- Rachel Hackler, senior, English studies
- Crystal Kline, senior, multidisciplinary studies
- Curtis Lee, senior, math and physics
- Angela Schnelle, senior, communications studies
- Benjamin Triesch, junior, math
For more information, please contact Dr. Deborah Hettinger at 830.372.6030 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Filter By Topic
- All News
- TLU Stories
- Events News
- Torch Online